Amesbury Massachusetts - We believe that every person should have medically accurate information about all pregnancy options and the freedom to decide whether, when, and how to create a family. If you decide to have an abortion, our role is to support you in your decision and to provide you with the highest quality medical care. Please call us to schedule an appointment or talk to one of our trained staff about available options and any questions or concerns you may have.
Health Quarters offers the following abortion options:
IN-CLINIC ABORTION (ASPIRATION ABORTION)
- The abortion is performed by an experienced board-certified physician, and usually completed in 7-10 minutes.
- Available up to 14 weeks (98 days) from the first day of your last menstrual period.
- One visit to the clinic. Gentle suction with a local anesthetic is used to end the pregnancy.
- Nitrous oxide is available for relaxation and pain management. You can eat and drink before procedure, and no driver or escort required.
- Ultrasound before abortion procedure (done same day at clinic).
- Pelvic examination required.
- High success rate (99%). Complications are rare.
- Birth control methods are offered at your visit, including same day IUD and Nexplanon insertion.
MEDICATION ABORTION (ABORTION PILL)
- The abortion happens in the privacy of your home over the course of a few days.
- Available up to 10 weeks (70 day) from the first day of your last menstrual period, per clinician’s discretion.
- A minimum of two visits to the clinic on to receive medication and one to confirm abortion is complete.
- Two medications are used to end the pregnancy, mifepristone and misoprostol.
- Ultrasound before and after abortion (done same day of the two visits to clinic).
- Pelvic examination not usually required.
- High success rate (about 97%) Complications are rare.
- Birth control methods are offered at your second visit, including same day IUD and Nexplanon insertion.
Enter the first day of your last period to see your options
Please note that this calculator is for informational use only. Seeing a trained medical professional is the only way to accurately determine the length of your pregnancy and what options are available.