Click on the boxes below to expand current job opening details.
Join Our Team
Open Job Position
JOB TITLE: Executive Director
Are you ready to bring passion and leadership as Executive Director of Health Quarters? Our client, HealthQ, is a Massachusetts based non-profit organization with a mission to provide “exceptional reproductive and sexual health care services to all who need it without judgment and without barriers.” Governed by a volunteer Board of Directors and staffed by a committed, mission driven staff, HealthQ has an annual budget of $3 million. They have a 25-member team of board-certified physicians, nurse practitioners, medical assistants, patient care coordinators and administrative staff. In three sites in northeastern Massachusetts, they provide comprehensive sexual and reproductive health, including birth control, in clinic and medication abortion, testing and treatment for STIs, HIV testing and referral, transgender health services and other preventive care.
The organization’s current Executive Director is stepping down after 10 years, and the Board is seeking a new leader. This is a “great to greater” situation. The current Executive Director is leaving the organization in good financial health, with a reputation as a progressive organization and an excellent service provider, and with strong relationships with other organizations in the communities it serves.
The Executive Director is responsible for the overall strategy, operations, financial oversight and execution of the business and affairs of HealthQ under the oversight of its Board of Directions. The Executive Director must be innovative and entrepreneurial and have a track record that demonstrates the ability to move the organization toward continued growth and provision of services in areas that align with HealthQ’s mission.
Commitment to HealthQ’s mission; strategic vision with proven ability to implement; a champion of health equity, in particular race equity and inclusion through the hiring process and development of teams that reflect the diversity of HealthQ’s communities by race, gender, sexual orientation and other measures. Able to instill and ensure a strong sense of belonging for all employees and a welcoming non-judgmental environment for all clients.
- 8+ years’ progressive management and leadership experience in the healthcare industry.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree in business administration, healthcare administration, non-profit management, or public health preferred.
- Experience with entrepreneurial initiatives or leading innovation preferred.
- Experience in healthcare operations, revenue cycle management, finance, strategic planning and business development.
- Demonstrated success with cultural transformation and change management.
- Experience reporting to and working with a Board of Directors preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with individuals having a variety of cultural backgrounds and identities.
- Strong commitment to the vision, mission and work of HealthQ.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
Salary range $140,000 to $180,000.
HealthQ offers a comprehensive benefit package which includes health, dental and vision insurance, 403B and 457 retirement accounts and an employer match, a generous vacation package, flexible spending accounts, life insurance, tuition reimbursement, and an employee assistance plan.
Relocation assistance will be considered for this position.
HealthQ is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and actively seeks a diverse pool of candidates. HealthQ welcomes people from all racial and ethnic backgrounds, abilities, gender identities, religions, ages, and sexual orientations to apply.
To apply in confidence, please send a cover letter stating your qualifications in light of the position description and requirements and a copy of your resume to Stybel and Peabody at firstname.lastname@example.org.
JOB TITLE: PRACTICE MANAGER
RESPONSIBLE TO: EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
FLSA STATUS: EXEMPT
SALARY RANGE: 60K-89K
Established in 1971, our mission is to provide exceptional reproductive and sexual health care to all who need it without judgment and without barriers. We operate with an uncompromising belief that everyone has the right to control their body and control their life.
How we treat our patients and each other exemplifies our values of being inclusive, caring, accommodating, respectful, and efficient. You’ll see that everybody on the team cares deeply about the people who entrust them with their care and considers it a privilege to serve our patients.
We are a non-profit organization governed by members of the communities who make up our volunteer Board of Directors. We have a 25-member team of board-certified physicians and nurse practitioners, medical assistants, patient care coordinators, and administrative staff. Everyone from the Board down joined because they are dedicated to the vision, mission, and values. We are looking for people who are equally committed to our mission, values and dedication to providing exceptional patient care.
At our sites in Beverly, Haverhill, Lawrence, we provide birth control, medical and in-clinic abortion, STI testing and treatment, HIV testing and referral, transgender health services, and other preventive health services. Please visit www.healthq.org to learn more.
The Practice Manager is accountable for the efficient operations at three health centers to achieve and maintain a profitable medical practice, high-quality patient care, and standardized, efficient operations at all times. The Practice Manager is accountable for health center operational outcomes and achievement of strategic business goals, in the areas of patient experience, patient access, revenue cycle, financial performance goals and compliance with regulatory and accreditation requirements. The Practice Manager works in collaboration with the Executive and Medical Director to plan, implement and lead quality and process improvement strategies to achieve efficient use of staff and optimal patient throughput. The Practice Manager focuses on the patient experience while pursuing optimal provider productivity, visit volume, and schedule utilization to enhance patient access and clinical revenues. The Practice Manager works with state and federal agencies to manage and comply with grant guidelines, reporting, and requirements.
- Plan, organize, direct and evaluate operations to ensure the provision of exceptional and appropriate care for three health center sites.
- Overall responsibility for the performance, development and morale of the clinic support staff.
- Primary responsibility for day-to-day performance of, and interface with, provider staff.
- Overall accountability for the appearance, safety, and compliance with regulatory aspects of three sites. Significant duties reside in the following areas;
- Work collaboratively with other leaders to ensure non-licensed and licensed staff are effectively oriented, trained and coached to provide excellent patient care and customer service consistent with medical standards and guidelines and organizational values and expectations.
- Responsible for ensuring an excellent patient experience from the initial point of contact to check-out and follow-up.
- Directly and timely support both patents and staff in any instance of adverse experience. Address and resolve patient complaints and grievances in a timely manner.
PATIENT ACCESS / CLINICAL OPERATIONS / PATIENT VOLUME AND FLOW
- Optimize daily patient volume at each site according to organizational standards for each provider type.
- Work to optimize provider scheduling templates and increase volume capacity, working with the Executive and Medical Directors.
- Utilize the practice management system (currently athena), and its reporting and data capabilities, optimize patient throughput. Apply organizational metrics to measure success, meet established organizational standards and seek to achieve industry best practice goals.
- Regularly report on performance and progress to the Executive Director on all of the above.
Primary responsibility for all front-end revenue cycle functions, including but not limited to:
- Obtaining prior authorizations before patient visits, and within the specified time set by the organization;
- Apply metrics to achieve organizational standards, and aspire to industry best practices, for time-of-service (TOS) collections, encounter close rates, and completion of missing slips;
- Attend and report at regular revenue cycle meetings progress against goals and performance against metrics. Coordinate efforts with revenue cycle (ABW) staff to achieve goals against core revenue cycle metrics (e.g. DAR, A/R >120, Denials, etc.).
- Work collaboratively with revenue cycle staff (currently ABW), the Executive Director, and the other Practice Manager to set scheduling and coding policies which will optimize reimbursement. Document these policies, communicate them effectively to all providers and keep a record of them.
- Maintain a working knowledge, working with internal and external revenue cycle content experts, of payor policies. Apply this knowledge to create, disseminate, communicate, train and enforce adherence to payor policies. In some circumstances, advise internal revenue cycle and finance staff as to adverse payor policies which should be negotiated for change.
STAFF AND SITE MANAGEMENT
- Work toward, be accountable for, and advance health center progress toward operational goals and objectives.
- Regularly report results and plans to management and staff.
- Supervise staff to achieve center-specific operational goals, metrics, and measurements.
- Maintain ownership of and updates operational policies and procedures, including but not limited to scheduling templates, visit type and coding protocols, as needed.
- Maintain oversight over operational aspects of the electronic medical record system and adjunct technologies.
- Maintain regulatory compliance, overall appearance and cleanliness and safety of each site.
- BA/BS required. Relevant experience is highly valued.
- At least five (7) years of successful management experience in a health care setting.
- Certified Medical Practice Executive (CMPE) certification desirable.
- An expectation to accommodate working on some Saturdays and evenings.
- Demonstrated skills in planning, organizing, and coordination of health service operations, and leading complex team-based operations.
- Excellent leadership skills, which ensure the ability to communicate goals, clarify tasks, and build effective teams and partnerships.
- Commitment to and experience in positions focused on customer service and satisfaction.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with meeting budgetary and operational goals;
- Experience with front-end revenue cycle management.
- Demonstrated ability to work with people of different races, ethnicities, sexual and gender identities and expressions, ages, abilities, and experiences.
- Commitment to addressing the impact of racism and other oppressions on sexual health.
- A commitment to HealthQ’s vision, mission, and values.
- Demonstrated ability to use quality improvement tools and processes.
- Excellent computer skills including Excel.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to walk and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 10 pounds. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 25 pounds. The vision requirements include: close vision, color vision and depth perception and the ability to read 10 point or larger type. The employee must be able to hear and speak in a manner understood by most people, and must communicate effectively in English both orally and in writing sufficient to prepare and send reports, and to interact with staff and peers.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently exposed to infection. The employee encounters inadequate lighting, fumes or airborne particles on a rare to occasional basis. The noise level in the environment is moderate.
Health Quarters offers a comprehensive benefit package which includes; Health, dental and vision insurance, retirement savings, a generous vacation package, flexible spending accounts, and many additional benefits.
Health Quarters is committed to hiring and retaining the highest quality providers and staff. We do this by setting and managing expectations through our core competencies:
Demonstrates comprehension in required job skills and knowledge. Uses knowledge to solve problems within area of responsibility. Exhibits ability to learn and apply new skills. Displays understanding of how job relates to others. Understands how our business works; knowledgeable in current practices, trends, and information affecting the organization. Demonstrates clear understanding of industry. Has the ability to apply industry knowledge within scope of the role. Consistently displays the required knowledge and skills to perform the job. Keeps job knowledge current.
QUALITY OF WORK/ACCOUNTABILITY
Demonstrates high standards and pushes self for quality results. Is clear on the roles and expectations of their position. Holds themselves and others accountable for performance and behavior. Proactively identifies and prioritizes what needs to be done and takes appropriate action to achieve goals. Makes timely and effective decisions. Manages workflow and completes tasks to achieve established goals. Delivers accurate amounts of work in a set timeframe ensuring efficiency without compromising quality.
Is dedicated to exceeding client expectations and service excellence; acts with clients in mind; establishes professional relationships with clients and gains their trust & respect; listens to their needs; maintains confidences; demonstrates empathy; greets clients with a welcoming attitude and smile. Displays courtesy and sensitivity; manages difficult or emotional client situations respectfully and professionally. Responds promptly to client needs, and maintains appropriate boundaries.
Demonstrates high standards of professional behavior. Exhibits positive attitude in all interactions. Works cooperatively and productively with others to achieve results. Shares knowledge, accepts and provides constructive feedback. Demonstrates reliability and responsiveness to job duties. Meets attendance and punctuality guidelines; responds to requests for service; follows instructions, responds to management direction. Keeps commitments and attends required meetings and appointments; demonstrates responsibility for own actions.
Communicates effectively with team members, administration, managers, etc. Selects and uses appropriate communication methods; keeps others adequately informed. Has the ability to convey ideas and information, both verbally and written; listens and gets clarification. Values different viewpoints, and encourages discussion; shares views in a polite, respectful, truthful way. Engages in constructive debate; proactively asks questions to understand root concerns.
Effectively builds cooperative relationships with co-workers. Treats others with respect; works effectively as part of a team. Lives the organization’s values: quality and safety, exceptional patient experience, dignity and respect to all. Works cooperatively and productively with others to achieve results. Willingly to do his/her share of work. Is able to recognize and understand emotions, able to use this awareness to manage oneself and one’s relationship with others. Commits to and supports group decisions. Develops and uses collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
Demonstrates self-motivation and drive for action and results. Seeks increased responsibilities and/or volunteers readily. Proactively and independently seeks learning and professional development opportunities for self. Proactively asks questions to understand and clarify. Proactively seeks ways to solve problems. Develop measurable and achievable professional goals and specific objectives on an annual basis. Pursues opportunities to go beyond the scope of the role. Shows openness to new approaches and ideas via a positive attitude.
Respects cultural diversity in patients, colleagues and customers. Has the ability to provide care to patients with diverse values, beliefs and behaviors; tailors service to meet patients’ social, cultural, and linguistic needs. Responds appropriately when confronted with cultural biases or conflicts. Seeks support and understanding when faced with challenging situations. Recognizes own cultural perspective.
Remains open to an atmosphere of continuous improvement; demonstrates willingness to change and participate in an exchange of new ideas. Works effectively with a variety of situations and individuals; quickly recognizes situations where change is needed; modifies approach as the requirements of the situation or person change; accepts change willingly and easily. Is willing to take direction when necessary. Has a “can do” mentality. Focuses on what it could be versus what it has always been. Supports organizational initiatives in a positive manner. Contributes to a creative/innovative approach to working.
Understands financial and operational functions of the business. Understands how decisions and actions impact the business. Understands data as related to the role. Acts in a financially prudent manner for the benefit of our patients, employees and organization. Understands financial impact of decisions. Works within approved budget; conserves resources when necessary. Develops and implements cost saving measures; strives to contribute to profits and revenue.
Understands, lives and communicates the organization’s mission and vision. Leads by example. Creates a culture of accountability. Holds self and others accountable for behavior and performance. Develops and uses collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals. Continually seeks to learn/understand and implement new ways to deliver superior performance. Elicits and embraces innovation and ideas from all. Represents the organization in a positive way.
Provides direction, development, and support to subordinates; provides regular performance feedback; takes responsibility for subordinate’s activities. Exhibits confidence in self and others, inspires respect and trust. Enables or encourages individuals to think, behave, take action, and control work and decision making in autonomous ways when appropriate. Rallies involvement and participation to create a partnership; and communicates in a way that engages responsiveness. Motivates others to perform at their best.
Develops and manages project timelines. Assesses status of ongoing project in terms of schedule, cost and profitability. Recognizes and addresses project problems before they become severe. Foresees any potential risks. Assesses performance and productivity of project team. Assesses quality of work products to be delivered. Ensures completion of agreed upon project timeline and deliverables.
WORKPLACE ANTI-DISCRIMINATION & EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY POLICY
It is the policy of Health Quarters to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, and medical condition including medical characteristics, marital status or any other classification protected by applicable local, state or federal laws. This policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, working conditions, compensation, promotion, benefits, scheduling, training, discipline, and termination. We are committed to building an inclusive workplace that values diversity and inclusion and reflects the diversity of our communities and patients. We strongly encourage people of color and members of the LGBTQ+ community to apply.
See Below For Career Form / Complete Workplace Anti-Discrimination & Equal Employment Opportunity Policies.
Position: Bi-lingual, Patient Care Coordinator
Status: Full Time (Non-Exempt)
Location: Beverly, MA
Reports To: Regional Manager
Salary Range: $16.22 – $23.54 per hour
Participates in team approach to increase patient numbers and maintain efficiency by answering calls, scheduling appointments, problem solving and triaging questions to appropriate parties. Requires an understanding of and commitment to quality healthcare and excellence in customer service.
- Responsible for patient registration, check-in, check-out procedures, and patient calls; verify insurance coverage; create accurate case policies in Athena; enter complete and accurate information in Athena.
- Greet patients in a courteous, respectful, caring manner; communicate effectively and sensitively to patients from a wide range of backgrounds and ages.
- Collect copays, unpaid balance amounts, and set up payment plans; inform patients about availability for service discounts based on income; and MA Department of Public Health coverage in specific situations; assist patient in completing the Application for Discounted Care.
- Answer incoming calls for three sites and triage appropriately; make recommendations for decreasing no shows across three sites.
- Maintain confidentiality and exercise sensitivity and a nonjudgmental manner in dealing with sexuality and sensitive issues with clients.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily as well as perform multiple duties simultaneously. Additionally, the individual must relate well to patients as well as professional and non-professional staff. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience
- Bi-lingual (Spanish) Required
- Minimum of High School Degree with 2 years’ experience in health or human services required.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills and ability to work independently required. Ability to work in a computerized office environment required, including skill in E-mail and word processing software applications. Demonstrated skill with electronic health record (EHR) and MS office preferred.
- Ability to go from site to site when needed.
- Demonstrated ability to work with people of different races, ethnicities, sexual and gender identities and expressions, ages, abilities, and experiences.
- Commitment to addressing the impact of racism and other oppressions on sexual health. • A commitment to HealthQ’s vision, mission, and values.
Health Quarters offers a comprehensive benefit package which includes: health, dental and vision insurance, retirement savings, paid time off package, flexible spending accounts, and many additional benefits.
Established in 1971, Health Quarters is a non-profit reproductive and sexual health care organization focused on serving low-income communities. Our dedicated, experienced, professional team specializes in providing the best patient-centered, reproductive and sexual health care, delivered with compassion and sincere care. With convenient locations on Massachusetts’ North Shore and Merrimack Valley, we provide birth control, medication and aspiration abortion, STI testing and treatment, HIV testing and referral, and other preventive health services.
Winner of the 2019 LGBTQ Healthcare Equality Award for the fifth year in a row, we strive to:
- Provide quality, compassionate healthcare regardless of race, sexual orientation, gender identity, or economic status;
- Remain committed to reproductive justice;
- Provide comprehensive and accurate information and education to all patients; • Create a diverse, supportive work environment that fosters and empowers excellence.
Visit: www.healthq.org to learn more about Health Quarters.
WORKPLACE ANTI-DISCRIMINATION & EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY POLICY
It is the policy of Health Quarters to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, and medical condition including medical characteristics, marital status or any other classification protected by applicable local, state or federal laws. This policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. This
policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, working conditions, compensation, promotion, benefits, scheduling, training, discipline, and termination. We are committed to building an inclusive workplace that values diversity and inclusion and reflects the diversity of our communities and patients. We strongly encourage people of color and members of the LGBTQ+ community to apply.
* = mandatory field
HealthQ is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building an inclusive workplace that values diversity and inclusion and reflects the diversity of our communities and patients. We strongly encourage people of color, people with disabilities, members of the LGBTQ+ community, and people from other underrepresented communities to apply.
We offer a competitive benefits package. Eligible employees are entitled to the following benefits:
- Paid Time Off—two weeks of sick time and at least two weeks of vacation time;
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance—Health insurance premium is 75% covered by the employer;
- Health Reimbursement Account—Substantially reduces the deductible amount paid by employees;
- Retirement Plan—3% employer match after one year of employment;
- Self-Care Benefit—Up to $500 reimbursement on any integral wellness activities not covered by insurance;
- Tuition Reimbursement—Reimbursement of 50% of tuition fees, up to $1,500 per fiscal year;
- CME Reimbursement for Licensed Professionals—Employee will receive up to $1,500 and 15 hours of paid time off during a two-year license renewal period for CME classes and conferences;
- Life Insurance, Short-term and Long-Term Disability—Fully covered by the employer;
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)—Pre-tax reimbursement plans that employees can use to pay for medical and/or dependent care expense.