Our goal is to provide you with exceptional access and customer service. We accept most major insurances, including MassHealth, and offer financial assistance for self-pay patients. We offer in-clinic or telehealth appointments, online scheduling, and a patient portal where you can access test results and communicate with your provider.
Welcome to HealthQ
Insurance and Payment
We accept most major insurances including:
Aetna, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Boston Medical Center (BMC) HealthNet, Celticare, Cigna, Fallon, Harvard Pilgrim, Health New England, MassHealth, Medicare, Allways Health Partners, Network Health, Tufts, and United Healthcare.
Each patient is responsible for knowing their plans’s benefit package, co-payment, deductible, non-covered services, and restrictions.
Some plans, namely Health Maintenance Organizations (HMO) plans, require a referral from your primary care provider before they will pay for services at HealthQ. Referrals can be faxed to (978) 922-5904 before the time of your visit. If we do not have a referral in place at the time of your visit, you will be responsible for the self-pay fee or rescheduling your appointment. If you need help with your referral, please let us know. We know it’s confusing and we would be glad to help you.
According to the Protect Access to Confidential Healthcare (PATCH) Act, insurance companies in Massachusetts are not allowed to describe in an identifiable way sensitive services, like those you receive here. Also, if you are on the same plan as a parent/legal guardian, spouse or partner, you have the right to choose how and where your health insurance company sends the written explanation of services after your healthcare visit.
If you are concerned about confidentiality, call the customer service number on your health insurance card and request that the form be sent to a different address or that you want to receive the form online. You can request that the form not be sent at all if you do not owe any out-of-pocket costs.
If you have laboratory tests during your visit, Quest Diagnostics™ will send a written explanation of services after your healthcare visit to the address of the insurance policyholder, who may be your parent/legal guardian, spouse or partner. If you are concerned about the confidentiality of your lab tests, do not use insurance as a method of payment. You can pay out-of-pocket, or apply for financial assistance from the Massachusetts Department of Public Health.
As much as we like meeting you in person, we appreciate that a video call may be more convenient. Depending on your healthcare needs we may be able to see you via telehealth. We accept most major insurance for telehealth services. If you’re uninsured or prefer not to use your insurance, telehealth appointments cost $40 per visit with additional charges for lab testing.
If you do not have health insurance, or your insurance does not cover birth control, we offer discounted fees based on family size and income for family planning services (this includes everything except abortion care).
If you are a resident of Massachusetts and earn less than 300% of the federal poverty level (less than $36,420 per year for a household of one) you may be eligible for additional help.
Please ask for a financial assistance application and be sure to bring proof of income, such as a recent pay stub.
PREPARING FOR YOUR VISIT:
- Please arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled appointment time. If you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment please contact us at (978) 924-9827 as soon as possible so we can give your slot to another patient.
- If you are more than 10 minutes late, we will try to work you into the schedule, but may have to rearrange your appointment; Please bring proof of insurance and a valid government-issued photo ID (such as a license or passport). If this is a problem, please contact us.
- For safety reasons, children under 12 need to be supervised by an adult at all times in the waiting room and cannot accompany you to the exam room.
- We do not allow any weapons, including army knives and pepper spray on our premises. No bags larger than a wallet, cell phones or other recording devices are allowed in the exam rooms.
- As a courtesy to other patients we ask that you refrain from eating and talking on the phone in the waiting areas.
- In the case of bad weather please call prior to your appointment for information about closings. If we need to reschedule your appointment for any reason, we will attempt to contact you by email, text and phone.