Click on the boxes below to expand current job opening details.
Staff Accountant, Part Time, Beverly, MA
Job Type: Part-time (22.5 Hours / Week)
HealthQuarters is looking to add a part time (22.5 hours/wk) Staff Accountant to its team. Under the guidance of the Director of Finance and Revenue, this position will be in a supportive role for a wide variety of accounting, finance, and administrative tasks critical to the organization. The ideal candidate will have a strong accounting and finance background.
Essential Duties / Responsibilities
- Enter approved budgets into Quick Books and run budget vs actual reports monthly.
- Create journal entries in Quick Books.
- Prepare Accounts Payable reports to show clients, code invoices, enter into Bill. Com.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations.
- Track bank balances daily to help clients manage cash flow.
- Prepare DPH cost and unit contract invoices and brief narrative.
- Prepare monthly bills for the state contracts, and enter monthly receipts.
- Maintain inventory of all capital assets.
- Maintain forms and all grant application financial materials.
- Assure that financial chart audits and insurance audits are done to review integrity of billing, family planning encounter reports and transmission system.
- Determine allocation of payroll bi-weekly based on approved allocation method; review bi-weekly time sheets, verify supervisor approvals and time off hour usage.
- Process bi-weekly payroll; create reports from payroll system for Finance Director.
- Supply Director of Finance with Family Planning Encounter Report Data.
- Assist with submission of FPAR data monthly reports; monitor sub recipient invoicing and follow up on late invoices.
- Assist with preparation of audit work papers.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Finance
- One-three years’ experience in Finance, Accounting and Payroll
- Ability to work in a computerized office environment, including skill in E-mail, word-processing, Excel, Quick Books, and Payroll software application.
- Attention to detail, strong organizational, interpersonal and telephone reception skills required.
Health Quarters offers a comprehensive benefit package which includes; Health, dental and vision insurance, retirement savings, a generous vacation package, flexible spending accounts, and many additional benefits.
Established in 1971, Health Quarters is a non-profit reproductive and sexual health care organization focused on serving low-income communities. Our dedicated, experienced, professional team specializes in providing the best patient-centered, reproductive and sexual health care, delivered with compassion and sincere care. With convenient locations on Massachusetts’ North Shore and Merrimack Valley, we provide birth control, medical and aspiration abortion, STD testing and treatment, HIV testing and referral, and other preventive health services.
Winner of the 2018 LGBTQ Healthcare Equality Award for the fourth year in a row, we strive to:
- Provide quality, compassionate healthcare regardless of race, sexual orientation, gender identity, or economic status;
- Remain committed to reproductive justice;
- Provide comprehensive and accurate information and education to all patients;
- Create a diverse, supportive work environment that fosters and empowers excellence.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently exposed to infection. The employee encounters inadequate lighting, fumes or airborne particles on a rare to occasional basis. The noise level in the environment is moderate.
See Below For Career Form / Complete Workplace Anti-Discrimination & Equal Employment Opportunity Policies.
Workplace Anti-Discrimination & Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
It is the policy of Health Quarters to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, and medical condition including medical characteristics, marital status or any other classification protected by applicable local, state or federal laws. This policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, working conditions, compensation, promotion, benefits, scheduling, training, discipline and termination
HQ considers all applicants without regard to race, national origin, gender identity, age, disability, genetics, physical or mental handicap, veteran or national guard status, religion, ancestry, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. Equal access to programs, services and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.