Senior Operations Manager
Job Type: Full-time (5 Days/Week)
The Senior Operations Manager is accountable for the efficient operation of all HQ Health Centers to achieve and maintain a profitable medical practice, high quality patient care, and standardized operations at all times. The Senior Operations Manager is accountable for health center operational outcomes and achievement of strategic business goals, in the areas of patient experience, patient access, revenue-cycle, financial performance goals and compliance with regulatory and accreditation requirements. She/he works in collaboration with the Executive and Medical Director to plan, implement and lead quality and process improvement strategies to achieve efficient use of staff, productivity, visit volume, call optimization, schedule utilization and throughput toward achievement of a high-quality patient experience. She/he works with state and federal agencies to manage and comply with grant guidelines, reporting, and requirements.
Essential Duties / Responsibilities
- Plan, organize, direct and evaluate operations to ensure the provision of exceptional and appropriate care for three to four health center sites.
- Using a data-driven approach, analyze volume, productivity, new patient, patient retention and other service data; utilize quality indicators; and, in collaboration with Executive Director, identify and review marketplace data in order to identify opportunities for new services and evaluate both ROI and mission impact.
- Recommend and implement strategies and direction for new business development and marketing.
- Develop clear and consistent reporting of health center progress toward operational goals and objectives.
- Regularly report results and plans to management and staff.
- Supervise Regional Manager and/or staff to develop center-specific operational goals, metrics and measurements; report results.
- Work collaboratively with Human Resources to ensure non-licensed and licensed staff are consistently oriented, trained and coached to provide excellent patient care and customer service consistent with medical standards and guidelines.
- Responsible for ensuring an excellent patient experience from initial point of contact to check-out and follow-up.
- Addresses and resolves patient complaints and grievances in a timely manner.
- Maintain ownership of and updates operational policies and procedures as needed.
- Maintain oversight over operational aspects of the electronic medical record system and adjunct technologies.
- BA/BS required. Relevant experience is highly valued.
- At least 5 years successful management experience in a health care setting.
- Certified Medical Practice Executive (CMPE) certification desirable.
- Expectation to accommodate working on some Saturdays and evenings.
- Travel to all HQ locations required (Haverhill, Lawrence, Beverly, MA).
- Demonstrated skills in planning, organizing, and coordination of health service operations, and leading complex team-based operations.
- Excellent leadership skills, which ensure the ability to communicate goals, clarify tasks, and build effective teams and partnerships.
- Commitment to and experience in positions focused on customer service and satisfaction.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with budgeting and revenue cycle management.
- Basic knowledge of quality improvement tools and processes.
- Demonstrated ability to work with people of different races, ethnicities, sexual and gender identities and expressions, ages, abilities and experiences.
- Commitment to addressing the impact of racism and other oppressions on sexual health.
- A commitment to HQ’s vision, mission and values.
Health Quarters offers a comprehensive benefit package which includes; Health, dental and vision insurance, retirement savings, a generous vacation package, flexible spending accounts, and many additional benefits.
Established in 1971, Health Quarters is a non-profit reproductive and sexual health care organization focused on serving low-income communities. Our dedicated, experienced, professional team specializes in providing the best patient-centered, reproductive and sexual health care, delivered with compassion and sincere care. With convenient locations on Massachusetts’ North Shore and Merrimack Valley, we provide birth control, medical and aspiration abortion, STD testing and treatment, HIV testing and referral, and other preventive health services.
Winner of the 2018 LGBTQ Healthcare Equality Award for the fourth year in a row, we strive to:
- Provide quality, compassionate healthcare regardless of race, sexual orientation, gender identity, or economic status;
- Remain committed to reproductive justice;
- Provide comprehensive and accurate information and education to all patients;
- Create a diverse, supportive work environment that fosters and empowers excellence.
See Below For Career Form / Complete Workplace Anti-Discrimination & Equal Employment Opportunity Policies.
Workplace Anti-Discrimination & Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
It is the policy of Health Quarters to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, and medical condition including medical characteristics, marital status or any other classification protected by applicable local, state or federal laws. This policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, working conditions, compensation, promotion, benefits, scheduling, training, discipline and termination
HQ considers all applicants without regard to race, national origin, gender identity, age, disability, genetics, physical or mental handicap, veteran or national guard status, religion, ancestry, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. Equal access to programs, services and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.